project description

After the success of the Weymouth Knitted Carnival Project -The 'Let's make It' community project - is continuing it's creative venture & encouraging groups & individuals all over Weymouth |& Portland to participate in a new exciting project, making
'CUSHIONS FOR OLYMPIC ATHLETES' - The project aims for the British Public to make 20,000 cushions via various methods from 100% British Wool - the plan is that each Olympic & Paralympic Athlete will receive a cushion, made of British wool, as a gift from the British public for more information go to http://www.woolsack.org
Or contact co-ordinator Julie McCabe via e.mail letsmakeitcommunityprojects@hotmail.co.uk or mobile 07814698685 or visit her website www.juliemccabe.co.uk

Click here to see more about our Knitted carnival float

Hello everyone, I trust you’ve all had a fun Christmas & New Year,

I have now put photos of all the knitted cushions on this Blog – please click on HERE IS OUR GALLERY OF KNITTED CUSHIONS – BELOW THEN SCROLL DOWN THE PAGE TO VIEW THE CUSHIONS.

They are all amazing – well done everyone………..

We have made a total of 43 cushions .... which are now being forwarded to Wool sack for stuffing & storage ready for the Olympics... as word has spread, there are still more being made around the region so thanks to everyone who has been involved & good luck with your next projects...


Our hand in event was a huge success with around 35 wonderfully creative cushions handed in... Well done everyone.

About Me

I am a visual artist living in Weymouth. I am passionate about the link between creativity and well-being, and use my art as a tool for expression and distraction. You can view more about me on my website: www.juliemccabe.co.uk

Monday 24 October 2011

Our workshops so far have attracted great interest, between us all we have come up with quite unique designs & we now have 22 cushions in the making. I am really looking forward to seeing the completed cushions.

I'm knitting with a variety of greys at the moment, creating my own pattern inspired by Jurassic rocks. I'll post a photo here as soon as I've finished it.

No comments:

Post a Comment